Staff Backend Software Engineer
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
About the Role:
The SandboxAQ team is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help develop and implement the next generation of cybersecurity systems. A successful candidate will be comfortable owning the end-to-end lifecycle of internal and external facing applications. The candidate will be part of a diverse team consisting of software engineers and cryptographers where they will play a key role in efficient and effective enablement of the technologies being developed.
- Architect and Build new features and products
- Design & Develop Interfaces & APIs for interfacing with backend logic using JSON, GraphQL, etc
- Design and deliver the supporting infrastructure functions to deliver your solutions at cloud-scale or on-prem, including features such as usage tracking, diagnostics, monitoring, and alerting
- Define and develop configuration and operational object model infrastructure to enable the various security, connectivity, and services policies
- Define and develop APIs (REST and graphQL), SDKs and CLI interfaces
- Work with distributed systems & applications
- Write technical design documents and hold reviews
- Work with the team and product management to review and refine delivery requirements
- Deliver automated tests and documentation to support the adoption of these interfaces
- Deploy services using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) systems
- Deploy the solution in real world deployment with partners and early customers
- Support other developers to help them grow in skill and knowledge
- Regularly evaluate the quality of the product you create and the code you write to ensure continued advancement of your technical skills in an environment that looks to expand them
- Interact directly with clients on support issues and new features
- Proven experience collaborating with engineering team to design, develop, test, release and operate services/applications that provide top notch user experiences with high scalability and availability
- MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 7-10+ years of experience building software
- Strong coding skills in multiple languages
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining web applications at scale, preferably involving PostgreSQL and GraphQL.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Development/hands-on experience with micro-services architecture is a plus
- Motivation to learn about cryptography and how it is used in the industry
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Current Stack:
- Platform: OCaml, Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL)
- Clients (tracers, scanners and fuzzers): OCaml, Java, C++ (OpenSSL and .NET APIs)
- Tooling: GitHub, Bazel, Docker, Google Cloud, AWS
- Best practices: code reviews, linters, tests, CI/CD