Data Analyst - Finance & Operations
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
What you’ll be doing
Our Analysts enable Cleo to make better decisions faster. Working as part of a cross-functional team they apply their expertise to drive the future of the business.
You will work with the Finance and Credit Card Operations teams, leveraging rich user and partner data to generate insights that support the commercial direction of Cleo. You will bring a technical, product-led approach to our business model, breaking down every element of revenue and cost, and working closely with teams across the business to drive those metrics forward.
Specifically, you will:
- Enable the efficient performance of our business; understand the ecosystem of our product and conduct analysis to identify high-impact operational improvements
- Define how we quantitatively measure success in Finance and Operations, set KPIs, design tracking to analyse what really matters
- Build and maintain operational reporting used by commercial teams, product squads, and senior leadership
- Automate the rapid identification and diagnosis of issues in product performance
- Work with internal and external partners in facilitating accurate financial reconciliation between data from different systems
- Build and maintain data models using dbt
- Contribute to frameworks for measuring and analysing LTV / unit economics
- Influence the roadmap of product and business teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
You will be working on a hugely impactful workstream at one of the UK’s fastest growing startups, leveraging data to drive us on the path to net profitability. Your analysis will uncover drivers of business performance and identify new means of boosting the financial performance of the company.
You’ll also sit within the wider data function here at Cleo; a hotshot chapter of 40 Product Analysts, Analytic Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers with significant industry experience that are at the heart of everything we do at Cleo. You’ll have the opportunity to work with them in building the data platform that is the engine of Cleo’s growth.
- Multiple years experience doing quantitative analysis in a digital product environment
- Comfortable analysing concepts such as LTV, unit economics, gross margin, profitability. Prior experience with financial modelling is a plus.
- Highly proficient in writing analytical SQL
- Avid user of data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Superset, Mode, etc.
- Evidence of success in automating critical data processes
- Experience implementing best practices on data quality, documentation, and governance
- Solid understanding of data modelling principles and tools such as dbt
- Highly motivated to work autonomously, with strong organisational and time management skill
- Strong ability to communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders in a concise and engaging manner
We are looking for a self-starter, focused on results, with demonstrated success in utilising data to drive commercial performance in a digital product environment.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity). You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a AX3 level and we can pay £65,004-£83,376 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 6% employer-matched pension
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK. If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available. Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future.