DACH Fields Application Engineer
Axelera AI is a fast-growing company developing state-of-the-art AI hardware and a software platform that accelerates computer vision at the edge. Our ground-breaking in-memory computing technology, RISC-V architecture and Voyager Software Development Kit (SDK) deliver high performance and usability at a fraction of the cost and power consumption of existing solutions.
In slightly more than two years, we have already raised $50million, developed two chips and launched our first product line. We are now seeking to hire an extraordinary individual to join our Field Application Engineering team and play a crucial role in supporting our sales efforts.
Are you a passionate and experienced engineer with a strong background in computer vision, machine learning, and embedded systems? Do you thrive in a dynamic, cutting-edge environment where you can make a real impact on the future of AI technology? If so, we want you on our team at Axelera AI!
You will be responsible for managing technical interactions with customers in the assigned territory. You will become the “go-to person” for our customers, helping them resolve issues and grow our Metis AI platform to become a market leader.
The Field Application Team is managed remotely or from our Zurich office and works closely with Axelera R&D teams throughout Europe to ensure a seamless delivery of technical expertise to support our growth during both pre and post sales. Your main responsibility is supporting customers through their evaluation, adoption and deployment of Axelera AI hardware. Axelera delivers integrated, standards-based products such as PCIe boards, modules and small form factor vision gateways, and most of the “hands-on” work involves helping customers use our Voyager SDK to deploy their AI models and end-to-end pipelines on these various platforms.
We offer a flexible working arrangement, with the option to either be based out of our office in Zurich or work remotely from a nearby European country.
- Engage with customers during sales meetings to understand their unique needs and requirements
- Serve as a technical expert on Axelera AI's platform and solutions, addressing customer inquiries and providing in-depth product knowledge
- Document and track customer interactions, ensuring effective follow-up and communication
- Serve as the technical expert on our products, resolving all technical issues (either directly or by coordinating with our R&D teams) that are gating items for design wins
- Act as an advocate for our customers internally to ensure we are responsive to their needs, and contributing to the continuous improvement of our products by gathering customer feedback and collaborating with internal teams
- Pre-sales technical expert: Work with Marketing and Business Development on new product introductions and thought leadership / technology evangelism
- Post-sales technical expert: Work with Sales (direct and channel) to expand opportunities in existing customers, identify new customers and defend design wins against competitive pressure
- Technology scout: Collect technical feedback on our products and communicate to Product Management for integration into the product roadmap
- Competition scout: Collect competitive product information through informal conversations with customers and peers
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the semiconductor and/or Artificial Intelligence industry in a customer-facing application development or technical support role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with customers and internal teams effectively
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with a passion for staying up-to-date on the latest advancements in AI technology
- Programming experience in a relevant area such as Python, C/C++, OpenCL, CUDA
- Experience using a high-level ML framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Solid understanding of embedded systems and practical experience with embedded hardware
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in English and German (required)
- Ability to travel to company sites across Europe as needed (expect up to 30% travel)
At Axelera AI, we wholeheartedly embrace equal opportunity and hold diversity in the highest regard. Our steadfast commitment is to cultivate a warm and inclusive environment that empowers and celebrates every member of our team. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to join us in shaping the future of AI.
Do you want to stay informed about our journey and our current vacancies? Follow us on LinkedinApply for this job