We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 7 million users and plan to double that number each year... which is where you come in.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
What you’ll be doing
As the PR Manager you will partner closely with our Marketing, Product and Brand teams to bring campaigns, initiatives and stories to life within the media in a fast-paced startup environment. You will play an important role in growing the brand presence of the world’s first AI assistant for personal finance.
- Work alongside the internal PR team and agency to implement media relations, brand communications and media events to drive brand awareness in the US and UK markets
- Develop and execute a comprehensive corporate communications strategy that aligns with Cleo’s brand identity and business goals
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for inbound and outbound media
- Contribute to media strategy documents and creative brainstorming
- Write media pitches, build lists and conduct media outreach
- Monitor media and create action plans to align with opportunities
- Research, compile and analyze the media landscape as it pertains to fintech, personal finance, artificial intelligence, technology, and startup industries
- Liaise cross-functionally with data, user research, brand, marketing, design, and content teams to gather information to create press materials/briefings
- Work well with a broad range of people at every level of the business, including senior leadership
What you’ll need:
- 5-8 years in-house or agency public relations and brand communications experience
- Strong understanding of PR strategies, crisis communication techniques, and media landscape
- Proven track record of working closely with consumer, business, and/or tech reporters
- Experience within the fintech and/or artificial intelligence industry is nice-to-have
- Experience with investor relations is a plus
- Great written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- A keen interest in keeping your finger on the pulse of what's happening in the news and pop culture
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 6 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a PR3-PR4 level and we can pay $115-145k p.a depending on experience. Please note that we have a strong preference to bring someone in on the PR3 level, so we're unlikely to be able to offer at the top of the range.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We work to live, we don’t live to work. Cleo works with everyone on our team to ensure that they have the balance they need to reach their full potential.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. Our US team works fully remotely, but we host virtual socials and an annual company offsite in Europe with all expenses paid.
- Other benefits;
- 15 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Performance reviews every 8 months,
- Generous pay increases for high performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top ups for team members getting promoted
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 401k matching
- Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision care
- Generous Parental Leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!