Technical Documentation Lead
We are seeking an experienced technical documentation lead to help bring our developer documentation to the next level. The ideal candidate will be responsible for expanding our documentation, driving user excitement, and success on our platform. This is a player-coach role in our Developer Relations team with more emphasis on ‘player’ at the start.
Qdrant is a fast-growing startup developing an open-source vector search technology that is designed to handle large-scale, high-dimensional data. Our mission is to empower developers and organizations to build innovative and efficient search solutions easily. Our flagship technology is the open-source Vector Search Database: https://github.com/qdrant/qdrant We are dedicated to fostering a vibrant and inclusive community around our technology.
- Translating raw engineering details into documentation that is clear, accurate, and helps the user build solutions.
- Plan and drive forward
- Our documentation strategy
- Our developer portal
- Tools we use to document all parts of our platform
- Authoring, reviewing, and editing technical documentation and technical blog posts
- 3+ years of experience in developer documentation or a similar role.
- Experience documenting APIs - OpenAPI/Swagger
- Experience with creating and maintaining developer portals - currently using Hugo
- Thrive in a fast-paced, technology start-up environment
- Experience using Git, open-source development, Ascii doc/Antora, Markdown, front-end web development
- Native and idiomatic English language skills
Nice to Haves
- Experience with working in a docs-as-code environment
- Experience with setting up and maintaining online hands-on learning environments, such as Katacoda, LinkedIn Learning, or KubeAcademy
- Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes
- Machine Learning and AI product documentation experience
- Contributed to open-source projects, demonstrating your collaborative and community-driven approach.
- Strong technical background and experience working with databases, search engines, and/or vector search technology.
- You are familiar with the concepts in Diátaxis
- We have a preference for you being in a North American time zone (or at least working those hours)
- An agile, continuous improvement approach to everything you’re creating
- A helping, positive attitude, willing to jump in and learn new skills to tackle new challenges
- Competitive salary and benefits package, incentive program.
- Remote work with a flexible schedule.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and advancement.
- The chance to make a significant impact on an innovative technology with the potential to reshape industries.
Join our team at Qdrant and help us revolutionize the world of AI.
Salary Range is 110 -140K depending on experience and location
We strongly encourage you to send writing examples, Github repositories, and any other concrete examples of your work. A resume with links to these items will also work.Apply for this job