Cloud Backend Engineer
Qdrant is an Open-Source Neural Search Project.
We help businesses take advantage of AI with technologies like semantic search, matching, and recommendations. We are developing neural search solutions allowing everyone to use state-of-the-art neural network encoders at the production scale. At the same time, we help companies to integrate our technology into their infrastructure. Our flagship technology is the open-source Vector Similarity Search Engine: https://github.com/qdrant/qdrant
Our main project is the Vector Seatch Database Qdrant. It is open-source and written in Rust 🦀. Check it out on GitHub. We develop both the project itself as well as the AI solutions built on its basis.
In addition to open-source development, we are also involved in implementing completes a cycle of AI solution development. We plan to evolve towards SaaS solutions to make vector search technology available to companies of all sizes.
Whom we are looking for
Among the technical challenges, we are facing is the implementation of our own cloud infrastructure to serve our engine as a scalable cloud API solution. We are looking for an experienced backend developer to support us in building scalable cloud API as a service solution. You would be responsible for developing and maintaining our cloud service architecture, and building integration solutions.
The basic requirements for this role:
- 3+ years of experience in software development with Python; Experience with Go Lang is a plus.
- Hands-on experience using Python frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask or Django for building REST APIs that run in production environments;
- Experience with common databases, such as PostgreSQL;
- Experience in container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes (K8s)
- Experience working with cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, etc.
- English communication skills
The ideal candidate for this position would also have:
- Experience in the development of scalable cloud solutions
- Following IaC best practices with Terraform, Helm
- Deployment and Continues Integration Strategies
- Interest in open-source projects and Machine Learning
- Working in a passionate international team
- Competitive salary plus perks
- Flexible working hours
- Company events
- Choose any hardware
- Remote first/home office
- Relocation option