Our mission at Curai is to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all. We are fulfilling this audacious mission by building a virtual-first primary care service. Blending high-touch clinical care augmented with artificial intelligence, we are building a scalable primary care model that provides patients with quality care anytime, anywhere, from their mobile phones at a very affordable price.
Our company is remote-first. We will consider any candidates that are US Physicians fully licensed to practice in the United States and carry multiple state licenses.
Clinical Operations at Curai
The clinical team at Curai uses Artificial intelligence-empowered electronic records to deliver urgent care and primary care to our patients. Currently, we are searching for a pediatric or family medicine (who can do pediatrics) physician to cover day and/or night shifts. We operate 24/7 and seek flexible clinicians to meet our patients' needs.
Who You Are
None of these individually are hard requirements, but they do describe the type of folks that we think would be most effective and happy at Curai.
• Have worked remotely before or have a strong feeling that you'd work well with a 100% remote team spread across multiple time zones
• Value a team-based collaborative approach as it relates to providing healthcare
• Passionate about providing empathetic personalized patient care at scale
• Have informed opinions that you hold lightly but are flexible to meet the needs of patients and the business
• Understand what a startup is, that flexibility is key and change is inevitable
What You'll Do
A day in the life of a Curai Physician is spent doing things like:
• Seeing acute/urgent care patients in our live text-based chat clinic. This can also include straightforward chronic care cases requiring refills.
• 90% clinical and 10% administrative tasks. Administrative time is broken down between clinical meetings, EHR/automation product feedback projects, and clinical operations quality improvement projects.
• Being responsible for accurately diagnosing patients using detailed patient history-taking and providing evidence-based treatment recommendations.
• Writing efficient encounter visit notes in a clear fashion that demonstrates strong medical decision-making skills, differential diagnoses, and a well-written and relevant care plan.
• Closing all notes optimally by the end of the encounter and/or at the latest by the end of the shift.
• Partnering with the AI/ML in the EHR to increase the machine’s ability to assist providers with clinical decision support.
• Providing feedback to the AI/ML and product teams on features that improve provider efficiency and accuracy.
• Staying abreast of EHR feature updates by continuously training and remaining current on the platform.
• Working closely with physicians in collaborative agreements for states that require it.
• Shifts work as follows: Day shift availability from 5am to 8pm Pacific time and work four 9-hour shifts a week (which includes being on shift one weekend a month) with 4 hours a week of flexible administrative hours. Currently, the night shift is three 12-hour shifts (6pm to 6am Pacific time) a week and 4 hours of flexible administrative hours.
What You'll Need
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below, are excited about the opportunity, and are willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you. You should have:
• Board Certification in Pediatrics or Family Medicine/Internal Medicine (who can do pediatrics).
• Active licenses in California, Texas, Florida, New York, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire are required. All 50 states plus DC are preferred.
• Be willing to get licensed nationwide
• You must also have a clear medical history (no board actions or complaints).
• 5+ years of clinical practice, ideally significant practice or engagement with primary care & pediatrics.
• Digital savviness, excellent typing skills, excellent grammatical construction, and excellent command of English.
• Prior telemedicine experience and/or start-up experience in healthcare is a plus.
• Proficiency in English. Spanish fluency is an added plus.
• Belief in AI/software as a tool to fundamentally leverage clinicians' time (10x clinicians reach)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to ensure a meaningful and professional patient experience.
• Central or Pacific Time zone is a plus
Salary depends on a scale based on years of experience, number of licenses, and work location. The state licenses the professional has can also play a factor in the range. Thus our annual full-time base range is large at $200,000 to $250,000. Stock grants are also available for full-time employees, increasing the overall compensation package.
What We Offer
Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to embodying our values, collaborating closely, and driving performance
Convenience: Remote working from the comfort of your home
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, PTO, floating holidays, and paid parental leave
Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high tech companies, AI researchers, practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds.. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for teammates that are mission-driven, embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.Apply for this job