Senior BI Engineer
Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people
Who You Are: A BI engineer with a passion for working with cross-functional teams & data!
You are a senior-level BI engineer with a passion for designing and building robust, scalable data and analytics solutions. You are process-oriented and have proven experience in building out a data and analytics infrastructure that aggregates data from many disparate systems and can be used to provide intelligent insights to product and business leaders. You have exemplary data visualization and technical problem-solving skills and a penchant for detail. You are proficient in DBT, Python, BigQuery, GCP, Fivetran, Tableau and you have a point of view about a longer term data architecture with a vision for how to incrementally get there.
You enjoy partnering across technology and business teams and comfortable working in an agile environment collaborating with other engineers, business leaders and product managers. You have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for your work and strive to deliver high-quality code that meets the needs of the users and the business. You have strong written and verbal communication skills that you’ve used to roll out new tools, communicate data infrastructure changes, and share analytical findings with product and executive leaders. Most importantly, you enjoy working for a team and company who cares about not only what they build but how they build it.
How You’ll Contribute:
As a Senior BI Engineer, you'll have a key role in building and continuously improving our data analytics pipeline, reporting capabilities and self-service data platforms. As part of a team that is constantly launching new customer solutions and features, you will be responsible for leveraging technical solutions to transform raw data from multiple sources into actionable insights.
In your day-to-day, you’ll:
- Design and implement data solutions best-suited to deliver business needs and use cases — from data lakes to analytics tools, across a progressively evolving technical stack
- Design experiments, develop measurement frameworks, and partner with Product, Engineering, and business leaders to generate results, insights, and actions from product launches and feature changes
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals
- Proactively partner with technical teams to deliver metrics and analytics products
- Lead efforts to automate data extraction and distribution of reports to multiple stakeholders
- Own and continually improve metrics documentation and data governance
- Imagine and design evolutions to our data architecture and pipeline and build a roadmap to get there
- Construct and deliver analytics product roadmaps that deliver insightful and user-friendly dashboards for both internal and external customers
- Document technical details of your work
- Proactively monitor existing metrics, propose new metrics, and work across the organization to deliver actionable intelligence
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have experience with most layers of our data and analytics technology stack including: DBT, Python, BigQuery, GCP, Fivetran, Tableau, and MixPanel. You enjoy working cross-functionally, have a passion for building scalable data pipelines, an interest in designing and implementing robust system architecture and you also have some combination of the following:
- 8+ years of experience as a Data pipeline/BI engineer
- Strong SQL abilities and hands-on experience with SQL, performing analysis and performance optimizations
- Experience with data warehouse solutions (like BigQuery/ Redshift/ Snowflake)
- Experience with AWS/GCP cloud services such as GCS/S3, Lambda/Cloud Function, EMR/Dataproc, Glue/Dataflow, Athena
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code practices - Terraform
- Programming expertise in Java, Python, Scala, or another modern programming language
- Give attention to creating modular, secure, and well-tested code
- Experience working with business leaders and product management to identify data needs as well as software engineers to help surface appropriate data to create insights
- Exemplary stakeholder management and prioritization skills using systems, processes, and scalable frameworks
- Proven experience with data modeling in large Data warehousing / data lake environments
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
- Proven experience analyzing clickstream data from sources such as Google Analytics
- Ability to self-direct the planning and scoping for a project
- Proven experience building self-serve BI solutions and automated reports that enable automated alerting and data quality monitoring
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Relevant Bachelor degree – preferably CS, Engineering/ Information Systems or other equivalent Software Engineering background
To join our team you must also:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules - work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
As a startup, we strive to be externally competitive with companies at a similar size and stage, and internally fair in our pay practices. The hiring salary range for this role is $130,000 - $160,000, and represents the target offer range given the scope and experience expectations for this role.
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An introductory interview with the hiring manager (50 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- A technical screen
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be potentially working with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel comfortable and set up for success in our process.
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local lawsApply for this job