Developer Educator - Python/Golang
AssemblyAI is a remote-first AI company building powerful deep learning models for developers, startups, and enterprises to transcribe and understand their audio data.
Our Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft - which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our APIs to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, Happy Scribe, BBC, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
We're growing at breakneck speed, and recently announced our Series B round. We've raised $63M in total funding, and are backed by leading investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Y Combinator, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber & SpaceX)!
Our ambition is to build an iconic AI company, making advanced deep learning technology accessible to everyday developers through a simple API, good docs, and a great developer experience.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company!
We’re searching for a Developer Educator who will inspire and equip software developers and data engineers to use the AssemblyAI API with Python and Golang code.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Code applications with our new Python and Golang SDKs to show developers what it is possible to create.
- Write high quality programming tutorials. Content created by our Developer Education team includes technical deep dives on the AssemblyAI blog.
- Create projects & tutorials with our API and interact with developers in our community. You will create tutorials and example projects with the AssemblyAI API, new AssemblyAI features, and interact with our community of developers on Reddit, Hacker News, and Discord.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Product teams to ensure we have fantastic SDKs that are easy-to-use for developers of all experience levels.
- Improve our documentation by working closely with our Docs team, fixing issues and errors when you see them, and generally ensuring our technical content is the best it can be.
To see the work our Developer Education team has been up to so far, you can check out the below content:
- Convert Speech to Text in Python in 5 Minutes
- How to Automatically Transcribe Zoom Calls in Real-Time
- Generating subtitles for videos (from our Docs)
- 4+ years of professional programming experience with Python or Golang, or both
- A proven interest in creating educational or interesting technical content (blog post tutorials, documentation, videos, open source projects, etc.)
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience using various web frameworks such as Flask, Django, Revel, or Fiber, and other open source libraries
- Optionally, working knowledge of tools that can measure content results, such as Google Analytics or PostHog. The specific tools you’ve previously used are less important than knowing what to measure and why
- Optionally, prior startup experience, SEO, and marketing experience are bonuses
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical topics in a simple way
- You are a self-starter, well organized, creative, results-oriented, quality minded and a team-first player
- Great relationship builder
- Strong written & verbal communication, research, and presentation skills
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms & techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition & NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win - and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 2x/year company paid team retreat
Other AI Jobs like this
Developer Educator - Code Integrations
Software Engineer, Python/Go
Staff Software Engineer, API