Lead Software Engineer
C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Platform provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: C3 AI
The Application Engineering team is responsible for building comprehensive SaaS solutions to maximize our customers' success across industries. Solutions designed by C3 are used in predictive maintenance, inventory optimization, fraud detection, energy, sustainability, and resource optimization, to name a few. Check out a list of applications we've built here: https://c3.ai/products/c3-ai-applications/.
C3's Application Engineering team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our superb team to design and develop innovative AI solutions.
- Work across teams to architect robust software engineering solutions and frameworks with cross product impact.
- Design, build, and deliver high quality, modular solutions at a robust pace.
- Implement and enhance engineering best practices company wide.
- Build and improve visual tools for application development and data science that would enable users to build end-to-end AI applications quickly.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, User Interaction Designers, Front-End and Back-End Engineers.
- Lead cross-team technical design discussions on application architecture, UI components, UX, back-end and third-party integration, and testing.
- Rapidly fix bugs, solve problems, and proactively strive to improve our products and technologies.
- Manage individual project deliverables and mentor junior team members on industry coding standards and design techniques.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields, MS preferred.
- Proven track record of design and development of full stack web solutions for complex problems.
- Strong hands-on experience and understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, and web application development.
- Real passion for developing team-oriented solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and value end-to-end ownership of projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate multi-functionally and improve scalability.
- Interest in committing to a fun, friendly, expansive, and intellectually stimulating environment.
- Advanced degree in engineering, sciences, or related field.
- Experience with Git or other version control software.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, test-driven development, SQL and NoSQL databases, and performance optimization tools.
- Experience in leading engineering teams and projects.
- Experience in building scalable web applications
C3 AI provides excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous equity plan.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.