Senior SOX Analyst, Business Process
C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Platform provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: C3 AI
As a member of the C3 AI Finance - SOX team, you will have the opportunity to learn and understand systems and processes. This role reports to the SOX and Financial Systems Director and will be responsible for driving and performing testing of the SOX program. You will work closely with our external auditors, and other members of the organization to complete our SOX program on a timely basis.
This role plays a key role in driving a control conscious, SOX compliant organization. In this role, you will have the opportunity to participate in the transformation of the SOX team and play a critical role in the development and enhancement of the SOX program.
Given our on-site working environment, candidates must be able to work from our office in Redwood City, California
- Contribute to the overarching SOX plan by assisting with the SOX risk assessment, scoping and controls rationalization & optimization process (including updating controls language and flowcharts as necessary).
- Responsible for identifying and assisting in documenting existing controls, implementing, and documenting new internal controls, and establishing an internal monitoring function to audit the company’s compliance with internal controls.
- Prepare clear and concise testing documentation in accordance with team methodologies and ensure the work performed supports conclusions drawn.
- Identify mitigating controls and procedures to effectively mitigate deficiencies.
- Assist management with remediation plan development, execution, tracking and support for control owners.
- Reduce redundant testing, anticipate future team needs, and continue the adoption of newer audit techniques to streamline the process.
- Lead end to end walkthroughs to identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities.
- Work with the external auditors to manage their testing cycles and expectations.
- Serve as a contact for the external auditors and will assist in coordinating SOX efforts between the SOX department, SOX stakeholders and external audit.
- Make improvement recommendations of the control environment and assist with pre-implementation, control identification, and deficiency evaluation.
- Assist the IT SOX Team with IPEs (information provided by the client) testing, review of SOC (service organization controls) SaaS applications and ITAC controls.
- 4+ years of experience in Internal Controls, External and/or Internal Audit. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- CPA, CIA or other professional certifications in a related field are a plus.
- Experience with tech companies that have SaaS models (subscriptions, professional services, etc.) is a plus.
- Considerable knowledge and a proven track record in applying internal controls and accounting principles and practices, specifically as it relates to SOX risk assessment, process documentation and flowcharting, control design assessment, test plan design, sampling techniques, testing of operational effectiveness and documenting of deficiencies.
- Strong understanding of the COSO internal controls framework.
- Foundational knowledge and understanding of IT General Controls, application controls and key reports testing.
- Ability to operate when requirements are not clear and to identify solutions to problems.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicator, ability to build relations & manage expectations.
- Working knowledge of SOX best practices and emerging trends.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future company sponsorship.
C3 AI provides excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous equity plan.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.