Senior Credit Strategy Analyst
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
Senior Credit Strategy Analyst
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial senior credit risk analyst to help us build our next generation of credit underwriting models and strategy.
As Cleo coaches customers to improve their financial health over time, our Cleo+ subscription is helping them access the best products to take action and meet their financial goals. From strong initial growth in its first year, we’re now expanding the Cleo+ financial product set, with a focus on consumer credit products that help users get to the next stage of financial health, while saving them money.
As we launch new credit products for our Cleo+ subscription service, you will have the opportunity to relentlessly leverage data, data science, experimentation and analytics to understand and manage credit risk and enable profitable growth of our portfolio. You will work closely with our data science, product, engineering, and finance teams and will interact with business stakeholders across many departments
What You'll Be Doing
- Leverage Cleo’s proprietary data and third party data to reduce loss rates and improve customer experience
- Optimize our risk thresholds, policies and strategy to expand member access and eligibility criteria of our credit products
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analytics to understand drivers of risk and suggest strategies to mitigate them
- Build dashboards to monitor and report the performance of credit products
- Design, execute, and analyze the results of experiments across our credit product.
- Leverage state of the art techniques to combat and mitigate fraud risk
- Willingness to challenge the conventional thinking and try new ideas to solve complex business problems
- Maintain a strong data driven culture within the company by interacting with diverse internal functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Finance or other quantitative discipline; Masters degree is a plus
- 3-5 years of analytical experience, preferably in a credit risk role at a FinTech company
- Experience in designing lending products compliant with US state and federal regulations
- Experience in SQL, Python or other statistical modeling tools
- Knowledge of state of the art machine learning techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working on A/B testing
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience working in business intelligence tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity). The salary for this position is up to $130,000k p.a., depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Flexibility: We work to live, we don’t live to work. Cleo works with everyone on our team to ensure that they have the balance they need to reach their full potential.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. Our US team works fully remotely, but we host virtual socials and an annual company offsite with all expenses paid.
- Other benefits;
- 15 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 401k matching
- Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision
- Generous Parental Leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
Following an initial call with one of our Talent Partners, you'll start with a 30-minute interview with our Credit Strategy Lead, digging into your background and experience in more depth. You'll then do a two-part technical interview, comprised of 2 60-minute sessions, assessing your financial modelling and SQL skills respectively. Finally, we'll finish off with a 45-minute interview where you can meet other members of Cleo, discussing our core values and cross-functional working.Apply for this job
Other AI Jobs like this