Senior Product Analyst
This is a ‘Level 4’ position. Cleo has 5 internal levels of competency within Product Analytics. See our skills framework for how we differentiate on seniority.
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds. If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
People come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the best-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Product Analyst you’ll be at the centre of strategic decision-making within your team. Working as part of a cross-functional squad alongside Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers, you’ll apply your expertise to drive the future of what we build at Cleo. You will leverage rich user data and sophisticated analytical techniques to see your insights move key metrics. You’re also likely to be the most senior analyst in your pillar (typically 3-5 analysts in each pillar) meaning additional responsibilities in working with pillar leads and company leadership in shaping strategy across squads in your domain.
You’ll also sit within the wider data function here at Cleo; a hotshot chapter of 40 Data Scientists, Product Analysts, and Analytic Engineers with significant industry experience who are at the heart of everything we do at Cleo.
We are looking for a self-starter, focused on results, with demonstrated results in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- Work with Product, Design, and Engineering team-members in your area to build an insight-driven product strategy that leads to high-impact outcomes.
- Conduct deep-dive analysis of the product ecosystem to understand user behaviour
- Influence the roadmap of product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations to senior product and business leadership
- Define how we quantitatively evaluate success, setting KPIs, designing tracking to measure what really matters
- Conduct regular A/B tests and causal analyses to determine the impact of product changes on success metrics
- Work with Analytic Engineering to prioritise data modelling needs in your area as well as directly contributing to our transformed data codebase
- Set and be an advocate for analytics best-practice, constantly pushing the Data chapter forward in this area
- 5+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis within a digital product environment
- A strong ability to communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders and to influence the decision-making process
- Experience conducting large scale A/B experiments and interpreting results to drive product and business decisions
- Ability to define new product metrics from complex, unstructured data
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Fluency in Python and its application in data analysis is a nice-to-have, but not essential
- You’re someone who raises standards, with proven impact in contributing to the capabilities of a data team
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Periscope
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity). You can view our public skills framework and salary bandings here - The band for this role is £84k-£105k
- Work at a fast-growing UK startup, backed by top VC firms - Sofina, Balderton, EQT Ventures - that still has a sense of its values
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. You will always have a clear development plan, built using our skills framework, and a people-manager who works hard to help you on that journey.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- And the rest!
- Performance reviews every 8 months, with generous pay increases and equity top-ups for high performers
- Private Medical Insurance, dental cover, life assurance
- 25 days annual leave + 1 additional day for every year you spend at Cleo (+ public holidays)
- 6% employer-matched pension
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Enhanced parental leave
- Access to Learnerbly, Reforge, and other L&D portals
- Online mental health support via Spill
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- And more! Check out our full benefits package
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK. Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve shifted our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users. We’ll be returning to support UK users in the future.Apply for this job