Java Backend Engineer- SDE II
LivePerson (NASDAQ: LPSN) is a global leader in trustworthy and equal AI for business. Hundreds of the world’s leading brands — including HSBC, Chipotle, and Virgin Media — use our Conversational Cloud platform to engage with millions of consumers safely and responsibly. We power a billion conversational interactions every month, providing a uniquely rich data set and safety tools to unlock the power of Generative AI and Large Language Models for better business outcomes.
At LivePerson, we foster an inclusive workplace culture that encourages meaningful connection, collaboration, and innovation. Every mind is invited to ask questions and actively seek new ways to achieve success and reach their full potential. We operate as one with a growth mindset. This means spotting opportunities, solving ambiguities and seeking effective solutions to challenges that make things better.
You'll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you're someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and grow and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the wellbeing of others and yourself.
You will report to the Senior Software Development Manager.
- Expand our workflow system with new tasks analysing speech and messaging conversations
- Break down complex requirements and transform them into clean modular designs.
- Lead in the design and implementation of significant portions of the product and serve as a senior member of a high-performing software development team.
- Build scalable, fault-tolerant microservices that work with large datasets.
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team.
- Work in an Agile environment while releasing code frequently to production.
- Work with data scientists and business analysts
- Help to create reliable, scalable, high performance and uptime (99.999%) software solutions deployed in a public cloud environment using the latest software, automations and testing tools available.
- Advocate and implement automated testing strategies in all developed code and help to ensure code quality and consistency for your team.
- 3+ years of experience who loves building scalable platforms.
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithm Design, Design Patterns
- Experience with the Java ecosystem and the Spring framework.
- Knowledge of Databases (SQL, NoSQL, Columnar) like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL etc
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Experience with microservices using containers and Kubernetes.
- Strong OO design and knowledge of distributed systems architectures.
- Analyze algorithms and design efficient solutions, ability to solve problems with ingenuity.
- Strong communications skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field- must
- Experience with messaging systems, e.g. JMS, Pulsar, Kinesis- advantage
The salary range for this role will be between $110,000 to $130,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, your location, skills, experience, education, and/or certifications. During the phone screening, the recruiter will provide the location-specific salary range for this role. Regardless of your personal situation or where you are in the world, LivePerson offers comprehensive and great benefits programs to meet your needs:
- Health: medical, dental, vision and wellbeing.
- Time away: 15 days PTO, Public holidays as well 5 care days and 10 sick days.
- Financial: ESPP, Basic life and AD&D insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- Family: parental leave, maternity support, fertility services.
- Development: tuition reimbursement, native AI learning.
- Additional: Health Service Navigator, Counseling Services & resources to help you and your family maintain overall good health and wellness
Why you'll love working here:
LivePerson is a hub for the ever-curious and proactive, offering a flexible work-life balance tailored to individual needs. With offices and WeWork locations worldwide, our flexible work policy provides our teams the freedom to work from their preferred environment. We're very proud to have earned recognition from Fast Company, Newsweek, and BuiltIn for being a top innovative, beloved, and remote-friendly workplace.
Belonging at LivePerson:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.Apply for this job