Node.js Backend Engineer - SDE II
LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a Conversational AI company creating digital experiences that are Curiously Human. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You'll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you're someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and grow and believes decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the well-being of others and yourself.
The product you’ll work on is an internally built onboarding, offboarding, and process automation tool. The tool focuses on automating back office processes, surfacing critical information to employees, and is the one-stop-shop to find everything and everyone at LivePerson.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to develop both microservices and production-grade applications.
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Implement REST-based backend services
- Implement interactive web applications
- Debug production issues and help maintain existing code
- Development of technical specifications and documentation
- 3+ years of experience with server-side frameworks such as NodeJs - MUST
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly-available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience with GCP
- Knowledge of Kubernetes/Docker
- Experience working with AppEngine
- Experience building CI pipelines, debugging and troubleshooting existing ones
- Experience working with Rest APIs
- Experience working with GitLab, Jira and Confluence
- An understanding of Apollo, GraphQL and WebSockets (socket.io)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Experience in TypeScript
Desirable experience with:
- UI/UX design and considerations
- Test planning and execution
- Experience in unit testing, integration testing, and automated testing (For example: Jest)
- Working with LLMs / OpenAI / Google
- Health: medical, dental, and vision
- Development: Native AI learning
Why you'll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let's just say we're very proud to be on Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek's list of most-loved workplaces. At LivePerson, the option to work remotely has helped shape who we are today: a collective of innovators and industry leaders working toward the same vision without ego. While we maintain hubs in NY and Seattle as well as WeWork locations across the globe, our employees choose the environments that work best for them from anywhere around the globe.
Belonging at LivePerson
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Apply for this job