Software Development Engineer - Node.Js - Remote
LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a leading customer engagement company, creating digital experiences powered by Curiously Human AI. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You'll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you're someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and grow and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the wellbeing of others and yourself.
We are part of the Unified Messaging Service (UMS) team. UMS is the main backend messaging platform for LivePerson. It manages asynchronous messaging, but is also involved with auto-messaging, shift schedule management, file upload URL requests, and more. As part of this team, we support three application named Controller Bot, Media Handler, and a messaging SDK. Controller bots handle automated messaging for UMS clients. These bots are programmed and directly managed by the clients themselves, but the ownership related to ensuring their functionality is encapsulated here. Media Handler uploads and downloads of files via UMS. And Messaging SDK is a Node.js pass-through layer for internal and external developers to call UMS APIs.
- Produce and inspire high-quality, well-tested code that is easy to read and maintain. Use technical knowledge to build new features, maintain the platform's stability at LivePerson's scale
- Use the latest technologies for our customers on a massive scale
- Focus on production readiness including root cause analysis, testing, monitoring, and documentation
- Contribute to the team's on-call rotation to improve incident coverage
- Work with 1-2 teams and work on important functionalities
- Design small to mid-level applications and coordinate with other engineers on the team to build scalable solutions
- Attend scrum ceremonies such as sprint grooming, sprint planning, and retrospective, and showcase technical solutions to the team
- Must have at least 1 years of experience on Node.JS
- Health: medical, dental, and vision
- Time away: 28 vacation days
- Development: Native AI learning
- Additional: Food Vouchers, monthly phone and internet allowance.
Why you'll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let's just say we're very proud to be on Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek's list of most-loved workplaces.
Belonging at LivePerson:
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.Apply for this job