Senior Software Engineer, Backend
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer, Backend to help lead the development, deployment and management of our web services and related infrastructure to join our engineering team. Members of the engineering team work collaboratively as a group and with colleagues in technology, who are devising new speech recognition solutions, and product management to deploy systems and infrastructure to serve the needs of end-user professionals and enterprise clients across a number of verticals.
- Hands on experience developing technology using Python
- A builder of business logic with Web Framework such as Django and MySQL
- Experienced in Nginx, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, and big data platforms
- A developer that writes reusable, testable and efficient code
- An effective communicator at all levels
We're looking for someone who
- 5+ years of experience in developing/architecting large scale Web services
- Bachelors, Master or PhD in Computer Science or related fields from a top University
- Experience in databases, distributed systems, and backend performance measurement and optimization
- Experience in Python or other programming languages such as Go, Java, or C++
- Experience in web frameworks such as Django
- Experienced in MySQL, Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, and Cassandra
- Good understanding of database internals like transactions and indexes. Experience in database schema design
- Experience in working on the AWS
- Wants ownership and impact and looking to own projects from end to end
- Substantial production server experience or equivalent
Nice to haves
- Good understanding of HTTP and networking
- Good understanding operating systems (Linux)
- Good communication skills, genuinely curious, attention to detail
We are in the business of shaping the future of work. Our mission is to make conversations more valuable.
With over 1B meetings transcribed, Otter.ai is the world’s leading tool for meeting transcription, summarization, and collaboration. Using artificial intelligence, Otter generates real-time automated meeting notes, summaries, and other insights from in-person and virtual meetings - turning meetings into accessible, collaborative, and actionable data that can be shared across teams and organizations. The company is backed by early investors in Google, DeepMind, Zoom, and Tesla.
Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
*Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.
Salary Range: $185,000 to $210,000 USD per year.
This salary range represents the low and high end of the estimated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for the role is dependent on several factors. Our base salary is just one component of a comprehensive total rewards package.Apply for this job