Developer Advocate (User Acceleration)
If you’re excited about:
- Learning new technologies and helping other succeed with that technology.
- Playing a central role in an exciting and rapidly expanding community.
- Shaping the course of a fast-growing company and product category.
- Working with world-class people who value clarity, creativity, passion, initiative, and thoughtfulness.
Then this is your opportunity to join an early-stage, fast-growing, and well-funded startup to shape the course of an entire industry.
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology that's revolutionizing how developers build search systems. Our managed vector database provides customers with easy-to-use capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants. The demand for vector databases is growing incredibly fast, and it shows in our user base. We have a large audience of ML engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and software architects who are eager to learn and build with ou
As a Developer Advocate (User Acceleration) at Pinecone, you will apply your AI development and instructional skills to help Pinecone users succeed as they discover, explore, and build with vector databases. Our educational videos, articles, and workshops contribute significantly to our success and our users’ success, so you will make an immediate and measurable impact. This can be a mid or senior level role, depending on experience. You will report to the VP of Marketing and collaborate with the most technical marketing team you’ve ever seen, as well as the Engineering, Product, and Customer Success teams.
To succeed in this role, you must have technical skills to learn and use our API-first product. You must be passionate about sharing this knowledge with others through tutorials, video snippets, docs contributions, hackathon mentorship, and the occasional tweets. Our team is growing fast and the customers are growing even faster, so you must be comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
Pinecone is a distributed team with clusters in New York, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. You will be part of a world-class team from companies like Amazon, Google, Databricks, and Splunk. The company emerged from stealth in January 2021 with $10M in seed funding — led by the same legendary investor as Snowflake — followed by $28M Series A funding announced in March 2022 and $100 Series B funding announced in April 2023.
- Uncover the common issues self-serve users face in Pinecone, and create content such as tutorials, example notebooks, docs guides, or videos to help them through those issues.
- Engage with users on the Pinecone forums, on social channels, and in local hackathons to answer common questions and help them get started with Pinecone.
- Proactively create instructional materials (content, videos, and code samples) for our docs, social profiles, and community forum.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to influence the product roadmap as the “voice of the community.”
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role such as software engineering, solution engineering, or machine learning.
- Familiarity with the modern AI stack: LLMs and vector databases.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel 5–10% of the year throughout US for events.
- (Preferred, not required) 1+ year of developer advocacy experience.
Other AI Jobs like this
Developer Educator - Code Integrations