Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Warsaw, Poland)
Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, Spot AI is the fastest growing Video Intelligence company in the U.S. We are upending the $30 billion video surveillance market with an AI Camera System to help people at work create safer, smarter organizations. In the process, we’re disrupting video security to create a new category of Video Intelligence.
We are experiencing tremendous growth - last year alone our revenues grew more than 5X, year over year - and are deployed at thousands of locations across businesses in 17 different verticals, ranging from local businesses to Fortune 500s. Our customers range from warehousing and healthcare to nonprofits and car washes including SpaceX, ExtraSpace Storage, WineDirect, YMCA, and Veg Fresh Farms.
We’ve recently raised $40M Series B financing, bringing our total funding to over $60M, to continue to transform how organizations use their video footage. We’re backed by Scale Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, StepStone Group, and MVP Ventures.
To learn even more about our product and why our customers love to partner with Spot AI, check out our YouTube channel!
And, to see why our engineers are excited to be working on Spot AI solutions, check out this video!
Who You Are:
You are a highly skilled Senior Full Stack Engineer with extensive experience building customer-facing products. You are a champion of architectural design and decision-making and can lead your peers to execute on the product and engineering vision. You take a customer backwards approach to your work and care deeply about user experience. You act as a mentor to others on your team to help them deliver their highest quality work while staying up-to-date with new trends and technologies in software development. You know how to work cross functionally to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders, you have a track record of success, and you’d like to join other top engineers on the Spot AI team from schools like Stanford and companies like Microsoft, Meta, Samsara, HP and more.
When it comes to company culture, you appreciate transparent and frequent communication from all levels of the business during monthly all hands meetings and distributed written company strategy and vision documents; listening to customer calls (live or recorded); having weekly pizza and/or gaming hours with your colleagues; and sharing demo and AMA sessions with your peers
If you are ready to be one of the first engineers in Poland, helping to shape our culture, processes and product, we’d like to hear from you!
What Excites You:
- When coding for the frontend of the software stack you enjoy working with languages like Typescript, React, TailwindCSS, and GraphQL
- When coding for the backend of the software stack you enjoy working with technologies and languages like Node.js, Typescript, Postgres, BigQuery, BigTable, Apollo GraphQL, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Creating high quality UIs that enhance the customer experience
- Owning and executing on large-scale architectural designs
- Providing guidance and mentorship to engineers on your team
- Working closely with Product Managers and UX Designers to drive the design and implementation of key features
- Learning about customer problems and directly solving them with your work
- Working at a rapidly growing early stage startup with significant impact on the company’s processes, culture, and product
- Collaborating with a globally distributed team to deliver a best-in-class frontend and backend experience
What Gets Our Attention:
- At least 6 years of shipping complex, production quality code
- Modern frontend framework engineering experience
- Ability to write well designed, tested, and maintainable code
- Curiosity and willingness to jump into unfamiliar codebases
- Strong sense of UX design
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with defining and implementing GraphQL server APIs and RESTful APIs
- Experience using Git, Jira, and Linux
- You have a strong customer-first mindset
What’s In It For You:
- The opportunity to be one of the first software engineers in the Spot AI, Poland location
- Base Salary Range: 24,000 - 31,200 PLN / month (Gross)
- Generous early stage equity
- Company paid premium healthcare coverage for employee and dependents
- An personal annual training budget to be used on classes, conferences, webinars, books, etc. related to your career and professional development
- The opportunity to travel to Spot AI locations in the U.S.A. to meet and collaborate in-person with team members
- Company supplied laptop, monitors and other equipment necessary for your role
- Flexible and supportive time off practices, including self-managed PTO (min. 20 days), generous parental leave, and 13 company paid holidays
What We Value:
We operate under a trio of company values:
Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our customer’s goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their problems.
Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
It’s a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage each other’s strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!
Other AI Jobs like this
Senior Fullstack Engineer