Security Engineer - remote
Hey there stranger 👋
🎬 We are making the future and changing everything we think we know about video production
📌 The role is remote in US Eastern Time
👩💻 We are looking for a Security Engineer
💶 from 130k USD gross yearly + stock options
⬇ Below, you find much more info and the apply button ✅
Who we are
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 60 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator. Not sure what we’re talking about? Check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia in a way that even our grandparents *kind of * understand what this AI video stuff is all about.
About the position
We are looking to expand the Synthesia Security team by onboarding an additional Security Engineer! You will report to the Head of Security - while working closely with, and enabling, IT operations, sales, people ops, etc.
In this position you would:
- Help build a scalable security program within Synthesia by implementing and maintaining key security initiatives across the business such as SaaS management, SIEM, EDR & MDR, CSPM, DLP, and the vendor due diligence process.
- Work closely with the IT operations, sales, people ops, and other departments to support them where necessary.
- Participate in incident response and take appropriate actions to prevent future incidents.
- Management of the outsourced team of pentesters. We are not looking for internal pentesters.
- Development, maintenance and implementation of security policies and procedures.
- Compliance related activities, for SOC2 and general compliance with customer requirements.
You have a passion for security engineering and you want to share this passion with as many like-minded colleagues as possible. You have worked for 2-3 years in an Information Security team.
We would expect you to have experience in:
- The implementation of a well-functioning SIEM.
- Participating in security incident response.
- Working within the context of an Information Security framework (e.g. ISO 27001, SOC 2, PCI DSS).
- Working with security in the cloud (AWS).
- Working with Enterprise customers, and dealing with related requirements (e.g. answering security questionnaires)
- A security team within a SaaS environment.
Bonus points for:
- Having been part of a DLP implementation.
- Any relevant Information Security certification, e.g AWS Certified Security, GIAC GWEB, OSCP, or CSSLP.
- A university degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a similar field.
The good stuff...
💸 You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus)
📍 You will work in a remote-first environment with offices in 5 locations
🏝 You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays in the country where you are based
🥳 You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
🤩 You get 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000!!
🍼 You get a paid parental leave
👉 You can participate in a generous referral scheme
💻 You get a brand new computer of your choice (if that still counts as a benefit 🤔)
🚀 You will have huge opportunities for your career growth
Apply for this job